Rice- 1 cup(cooked and cooled)
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Peanuts – 1/4 cup
Curry leaves- few
Hing- a big pinch
Gingerly oil- 2 tsp+ 1/2 tsp
Salt- to taste
For making the peanut powder:
Peanuts- 1/3 cup
Urad dal- 1 tsp
Channa dal- 2 tsp
Sesame seeds- 2 tsp
Cumin seeds- 1/2 tsp
Grated coconut- 1/4 cup
Red chilies- 4
- Cook 1 cup of rice and cool it completely.
- Heat 1/2 tsp gingerly oil and add 1/3 cup of peanuts and toast it until you see brown spots in the peanuts.
- Then add 1 tsp urad dal, 2 tsp channa dal and 2 tsp sesame seeds and saute until it turns light brown in color.
- Now add 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 4 red chilies and 2 garlic cloves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup coconut and saute until the coconut becomes dry.
- Cool the mixture and powder it and keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tsp gingerly oil in a kadai.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add 1 tsp mustard seeds and wait for it to splutter.
- Now add a big pinch of hing , few curry leaves and 1/4 cup peanuts and saute it until the peanuts gets roasted well.
- Add the cooked and cooled rice, the peanut powder and the required amount of salt and mix everything well.
- Yummy peanut rice is ready to be served.
- Using gingerly oil is advisable for this recipe.
- While making the peanut powder, DO NOT run the mixie continuously. The peanuts will start to leave oil and the mixture will become pasty.